Mid 1800's, contains fugitive green and double pinks. Double/queen size. Tiny hand quilting, pristine condition. $795. SOLD
Attic window alternate style. We show you how to cut a panel and give printed directions as a second style in the Attic Windows class.
Pattern available in store. ($10.50)
Good to use up one of those fat eighth bundles that caught your eye. This sample was made using the Sweet Pea and Lily collection from Moda, eggplant background fabric.
Also available as a table runner and place mats!
MegaStar in another colorway.
Now Open on Saturday 10-2
(also open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10-3)
want to shop another time?
call us 941-330-0993
Attic Windows with Faye
watch for new dates
*catered box lunch from Der Dutchman
*windswept panel and fabric kit for bay window
*practice panel for second type of attic window
confident beginner, intermediate level
Each participant has own 8-foot table
PPE, sanitizer, gloves provided
Bring own machine and supplies
community supplies not available for use
CALL 941-330-0993 for a seat
or message on FB "alma sues quilt shop"
Check out our assortment of blenders. We make many Custom Quilts and use a lot of blenders! Stonehenge by Northcott, Dimples by Andover, Basic Backgrounds Tone on Tone in White, Neutral, Off White, Muslins, Timeless Treasures Fairy Frost. Love those Metallic Blenders!
This website is for Information about the business.
TO PURCHASE products, go to www.AlmaSueShop.com (click on the header link above, online store) or go to Etsy.com and search for our store AlmaSueShop
New almasue.com website under construction to purchase directly from the store
TO See quilts in the hand frame and longarm activity, go to FB:Alma Sue's Quilt Shop
TO contact Ella, send a message to EllaMillerToy@aol.com
TO Call the shop 941-330-0993
Send Mail to:
Alma Sue's Quilts
3737 Bahia Vista Street, Suite 11
Sarasota FL 34232
To avoid theft in transit when sending a quilt, omit the word "quilts" and send only to Alma Sue or to Ella Toy
Alma Sue's provides complete QUILTING SERVICES
Hand Stitching by Amish quilters
Long Arm Quilting
Quilt Binding, finish your UFOs
CUSTOM quilts, Memory quilts, T shirt quilts
All work is done right here in our Sarasota store, in the Pinecraft community. Visit us and watch accomplished quilters at work.
Tues, Wed, Thurs 10-3
other hours by appt
Buy kits and fabric at our Etsy store "AlmaSueShop.com"
Selected items sold on Amazon.com
Until further notice
Open 10-3 Tuesday - Thursday
CLOSED Friday, Sunday, Monday
Need to pick up a finished quilt?
We can ship it to you!
- May 6, 2021 - Guess what time it is?
- March 7, 2021 - Now Open Saturdays 10-2
- February 10, 2021 - OPEN Friday & Saturday BIG SALE
- January 1, 2021 - Need to know for 2021
- November 2, 2020 - Fibber McGee Sale Saturday Nov. 7
- October 9, 2020 - Open today 10-2, Short Bolt Sale
- September 14, 2020 - Alma Sue News
- August 19, 2020 - Alma Sue August Update
- June 25, 2020 - Update and OBW Class
- May 5, 2020 - Time for PPE Update!
- April 16, 2020 - Update to Open Hours
- April 4, 2020 - Saturday Update on PPE
- April 1, 2020 - Update on PPE
- March 29, 2020 - PPE Update
- March 27, 2020 - Face Mask/Gown Update #5
- March 26, 2020 - Alma Sue Update #4
- March 23, 2020 - Alma Sue Update #3
- March 19, 2020 - Alma Sue Update
- March 17, 2020 - Yes we are open
- February 5, 2020 - Quilt Show and SALE begins today
- January 30, 2020 - Short Bolt Sale Ongoing NOW!
- January 1, 2020 - New Year Batik Sale
- December 17, 2019 - Holiday Hours
- December 5, 2019 - Wooden Nickel special all week!
- November 28, 2019 - Closed Black Friday
- June 6, 2018 - Classes and Needles
- May 16, 2018 - Correction for Needle Turn Applique Class
- March 17, 2013 - I remember when a pin was just a pin
- May 17, 2011 - Threads, page 2.
- May 9, 2011 - Thread Essentials
- October 26, 2010 - Needles and News
Long Arm Quilting Service
Batting, Thread, Basting, and Needles are FREE and included in the long arm prices
Prepare Quilt Top and Lining
Seam lining as needed, press seam OPEN)
Lining must be 4-6 inches larger than top on all sides
Can extend lining by sewing muslin strips on all sides (can remove strips after quilting is finished)
DO NOT BASTE layers. Each layer is loaded onto frame separately.
Batting: Batting is included in the long arm price (Hobbs Heirloom Blend or Hobbs Tuscany.) A modest up charge for some batting (wool, silk) We use only batting MADE in the USA.
Quilting: Choose simple stitching, straight lines, edge-to-edge, ruler work, or custom designs (Price range 2.5 to 5.0 cents/square inch)
Binding: 1.75/lineal foot first step (make and sew binding to quilt)
2.50/lineal foot both steps (hand stitch binding to back of quilt)
Questions about quilt age or pattern or general information about your quilt, how to mark it, suggestions for batting, construction, quilting, or repair.
Please respect our time and call 941-330-0993 for an appointment.
We are not certified quilt appraisers
and cannot state a value for your quilt.
To find a quilt appraiser: GOOGLE "Quilt Appraiser Sarasota"
Follow our Facebook page. Be the first to know of special events and SALES. See photos of current projects, quilts in the frame, and class projects. FB page = Alma Sue's Quilt Shop
Finished queen/king size quilt $1795.