Above are two pieces recently finished in the Hand Quilting frame.
A Boston Red Sox Tee Shirt Quilt at the top.
Directly above is a memory piece custom made for a Penn State Alumnus.
To see your memory pieces constructed into a quilt, call 941-330-0993.
2015 will be our 13th anniversary
We raised the price of the 12 cent bin to 13 cents since 2015 will be our 13th anniversary. To celebrate we run "13" specials. The most popular is the 13 cent bin.
Who knows what you will find here? Discontinued patterns, spools of thread, bits and pieces of tail end fabrics, notions we no longer plan to carry....
As we walk around the store and find one or two of something left, we drop it into the 13 cent bin. This week we had spools of white hand quilting thread and a few wooden embroidery hoops, a few miscellaneous patterns...
Summer Classes in the Planning Stage
Paper Piecing with Faye
Bargello with Faye and Ella
Doll House Quilt
More free motion
Stained Glass was requested, we are checking into it
Watch for more dates in June, using an autumn colorway.
$35 includes instruction and precut strips to make a table runner. The Bargello book "Twists and Turns" is not included in the class price. Class is limited to 4 students each session.
Bring to class:
Sewing Machine, rotary cutter, seam ripper, usual sewing tools.
We will be continuing this class throughout the summer. Watch for more dates!
Check out our assortment of blenders. We make many Custom Quilts and use a lot of blenders! Stonehenge by Northcott, Dimples by Andover, Basic Backgrounds Tone on Tone in White, Neutral, Off White, Muslins, Timeless Treasures Fairy Frost. Love those Metallic Blenders!
Alma Sue's Quilts celebrates the craft and artistry of quilting!
We make custom quilts by hand. All work is done right in our Sarasota store, amid displays of finished quilts, Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler fabrics, and all the materials a quilter might need. Visit us and watch accomplished quilters at work. Take lessons. Bring in fabric mementos and let us create a keepsake memory quilt or T-shirt quilt.
WIN the Green Stuffed FROG
Buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win the green stuffed frog. All proceeds go to buy fabric for kids pillowcases. Tickets are 4 for $1.00
Make a donation to buy pillowcase supplies....and pick out a FREE bottle bag. Thanks to the angel who donated bottle bags for the promotion!
Drop in your change (container at cash register). Can't come to the shop? Call Alma Sue at 941-330-0993 to make a donation over the telephone. Or send a check. We will ship your bottle bag.
Precut pillowcase kits are FREE! Pick up a few, sew at home, and return them for the kids in hospitals.
- March 23, 2015 - Untitled
- March 13, 2015 - Spring Market Days Today and Tomorrow
- March 3, 2015 - Bargello Classes, Spring Market Days
- February 16, 2015 - Two classes scheduled
- February 3, 2015 - Palm Grove Quilt Show and Sale
- January 23, 2015 - John Sims Quilt Show
- January 21, 2015 - Annual Scrap Sale Saturday Jan. 24
- January 5, 2015 - January Events
- December 27, 2014 - Surprise Book Signing Today
- December 24, 2014 - Merry Christmas from Alma Sue's
- December 14, 2014 - Class Tuesday Dec. 16
- December 5, 2014 - Market Day Saturday December 6
- November 23, 2014 - New Pinwheel Class
- November 11, 2014 - Upcoming Events
- August 26, 2014 - O is for Organizers
- August 14, 2014 - Help! I'm confused.....
- March 17, 2013 - I remember when a pin was just a pin
- May 17, 2011 - Threads, page 2.
- May 9, 2011 - Thread Essentials
- October 26, 2010 - Needles and News