Above are two pieces recently finished in the Hand Quilting frame.
A Boston Red Sox Tee Shirt Quilt at the top.
Directly above is a memory piece custom made for a Penn State Alumnus.
To see your memory pieces constructed into a quilt, call 941-330-0993.
Every Other Wednesday
1:00 pm and 5:00 pm
Bring your machine and make a variety of projects. Next project is embroidered sea shells.
Next session is August 27
Call for information - 941-330-0993
Open Sewing Thursday
Time: 1-4 pm Fee: $8
Bring your project and get help.
Limited to 4. Call 941-330-0993 for a seat.
SEE EVENTS page for more information
Christmas Fabric is here!
Northcot tree and wreath panels (red, green, blue)
Robert Kaufman Holiday Flourish with that gorgeous blue tree as shown in quilting magazines!
Nativity panels, Santa panels, Advent Calendars, Stockings
Have a friend in a senior citizens facility? Brighten their room or door with a lighted tree or wreath panel.
Everyone loves hand made gifts. Make a set of embroidered hot pad with matching tea towel. Embroider a set of hemstitched towels for the powder room.
Check out our assortment of blenders. We make many Custom Quilts and use a lot of blenders! Stonehenge by Northcott, Dimples by Andover, Basic Backgrounds Tone on Tone in White, Neutral, Off White, Muslins, Timeless Treasures Fairy Frost. Love those Metallic Blenders!
Alma Sue's Quilts celebrates the craft and artistry of quilting!
We make custom quilts by hand. All work is done right in our Sarasota store, amid displays of finished quilts, Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler fabrics, and all the materials a quilter might need. Visit us and watch accomplished quilters at work. Take lessons. Bring in fabric mementos and let us create a keepsake memory quilt or T-shirt quilt.
FREE bottle bag in exchange for pillowcase supplies!
Make a donation to ConKerr Cancer to buy pillowcase supplies....and pick out a FREE bottle bag. Thanks to the angel who donated lots of bottle bags for the promotion1
We will resume pillowcase sewing in September.
Drop in your change (container at cash register).Can't come to the shop? Call Alma sue at 941-330-0993 to make a donation over the telephone.
Or send a check. We will ship your bottle bag.
- August 26, 2014 - O is for Organizers
- August 14, 2014 - Help! I'm confused.....
- August 8, 2014 - News Update at Alma Sue's
- July 15, 2014 - Wednesday Nite Embroidery Class
- July 3, 2014 - This Week's Activities
- June 24, 2014 - Cmas in July
- May 30, 2014 - Two New Classes
- May 14, 2014 - T is for TOWELING
- May 9, 2014 - Answers to questions about Summer Hours
- May 8, 2014 - T is for TOWELING
- April 25, 2014 - Anita Goodesign is coming!
- February 17, 2014 - W is for WIDEBACK
- January 28, 2014 - A is for APRON
- January 6, 2014 - B is for Book
- March 17, 2013 - I remember when a pin was just a pin
- May 17, 2011 - Threads, page 2.
- May 9, 2011 - Thread Essentials
- October 26, 2010 - Needles and News
Alternating Wednesday evening - 5 pm to 7:30 pm
Machine embroidery projects - $15 (August 27) Current project is embroidered and appliqued sea shells.
Quilting - confident beginners - $15 Current project is farmhouse quilt
Call 941-330-0993 for information or to join in.
First Saturday each month. Market Days begin October.
See EVENTS page for vendor and contact information.