Row By Row
What is this? A new kind of shop hop for the entire USA and Canada.
Who's doing it? Over 2,700 shops. Storefront shops only, no online stores.
What does it cost? Nothing. No passports, all patterns FREE!
How does it work?
1. Shops have created a pattern for ONE ROW in a quilt.
2. Travel and collect FREE patterns for rows. LIMIT one pattern per person between June 21-September 8.
3. Make a quilt using 8 different rows, finish and turn in by October 31.
4. Can use any fabric to make your row; from your stash or purchase a kit from shop (if available).
5. Be the first to bring finished quilt to a participating shop and win 25 FQ. (Win a bonus prize if that shop's row is in the quilt!)
June 21 - Sept. 8 Travel and collect rows
Sept. 8 - Oct 31 Sew and finish your quilt
-you can start sewing any time 8 rows of your choice are collected
Turn in finished quilt by October 31 (sewed, quilted, labeled)
Sept. 8 - Nov. 1 Hibernation. Shops may not give out patterns or sell any kits.
After November 1, shops may sell pattern and kits to anyone.
To see all the rows:
Go to rowbyrowexperience.com. Click on "start here." Click on the state's license plate to see the list of shops in that state.
On the left side of screen, click on that state's "facebook" page where you can see all the rows in that state and plan your road trip.
Can't get out, or live in another state? We can take pre-orders for our row at any time, for shipment AFTER November 1.
To Pre-Order Alma Sue's pattern and/or kit, please call 941-330-0993.
- Limit one pattern per person
- Must physically collect pattern in shop
- Patterns are copyrighted. Photocopying is NOT ALLOWED!
- One winner per shop. If your local shop had a winner, then you must present your quilt to another participating shop that didn't have a winner yet.
Wednesday Night Quilt Group
Open Sew to finish your projects. Bring your quilts in progress and we will work together to finish up before starting the next round.
Order out Dutch treat.
Share our Sewing Room
Our sewing room is OPEN for your use to finish your projects.
Thursday 1-4 pm
Get help from our staff and educators. This week someone was binding a quilt, one sewing borders, another learning how to repair an heirloom quilt, and one sewing a t-shirt quilt.
Use our machines, or bring yours.
Fee: $8 per session, LIMITED to 4 spaces
Call 941-330-0993 to sign up.
If this is your first time, please tell us what you are working on to make sure we can match your needs with a staff member.
Check out our assortment of blenders. We make many Custom Quilts and use a lot of blenders! Stonehenge by Northcott, Dimples by Andover, Basic Backgrounds Tone on Tone in White, Neutral, Off White, Muslins, Timeless Treasures Fairy Frost. Love those Metallic Blenders!