OBW class is delayed
watch for a later date
Carlisle Inn Conference Room
One Block Wonder Class using panels. $95
Limited to 10 students. Each person has two 6-foot tables set apart at an appropriate distance. Supplies are available to sanitize your work space - gloves, sanitizer, alcohol wipes, face shield, etc.
A boxed lunch is provided so you can eat at your work station. All lunches come with grilled chicken and your choice of salad or cottage cheese, pumpkin bread, piece of fruit, cookie, and beverage.
Two class sessions: Session 1 TBD - cutting and sewing panel strips
Session 2 TBD - design
Class fee includes book, ruler, and lunch
Call 941-330-0993 to reserve a space
Class special: Buy 4 panels, get 3 free
Suitable for the Confident beginner
Call 941-330-0993 to sign up and select your lunch menu.
Pattern is available in store ($10.50)The center star takes one strip set (40-42 pieces), not a junior set (20 pieces) or TWO packages of Bali Poppies (each pkg has 20 strips).This sample was made with Hoffman blue strip set.
Future open sewing sessions will be held at the Carlisle Inn Conference Center, located on our campus.
No community supplies are available. Bring your own sewing machine, threads, cutters, rulers, ironing surface, small iron, or whatever is needed to work on your project.
Check out our assortment of blenders. We make many Custom Quilts and use a lot of blenders! Stonehenge by Northcott, Dimples by Andover, Basic Backgrounds Tone on Tone in White, Neutral, Off White, Muslins, Timeless Treasures Fairy Frost. Love those Metallic Blenders!
This website is for Information about the business.
TO PURCHASE products, go to www.AlmaSueShop.com (click on the header link above, online store) or go to Etsy.com and search for our store
TO See quilts in the hand frame and shop activity, go to FB:Alma Sue's Quilt Shop
TO contact Ella, send a message to EllaMillerToy@aol.com
TO Call the shop 941-330-0993
Send Mail to:
Alma Sue's Quilts
3737 Bahia Vista Street, Suite 11
Sarasota FL 34232
To avoid theft in transit when sending a quilt, omit the word "quilts" and send only to Alma Sue or to Ella Toy
We provide complete QUILTING SERVICES
Hand Quilting by Amish stitchers
Free Motion Quilting
Long Arm Quilting
Finish your UFOs
Design/make a CUSTOM quilt
Design/make a t-shirt or memory quilt
All work is done right here in our Sarasota store, in the Pinecraft community amid displays of finished quilts. Visit us and watch accomplished quilters at work.
Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
OPEN Tues-Thursday 10 am-3pm
other hours by appt
Quilts, kits and fabric FOR SALE can be seen and purchased at "AlmaSueShop.com"
Until further notice
Open 10-3 Tuesday - Thursday
Need to pick up a finished quilt?
We can ship it to you!
- October 9, 2020 - Open today 10-2, Short Bolt Sale
- September 14, 2020 - Alma Sue News
- August 19, 2020 - Alma Sue August Update
- June 25, 2020 - Update and OBW Class
- May 5, 2020 - Time for PPE Update!
- April 16, 2020 - Update to Open Hours
- April 4, 2020 - Saturday Update on PPE
- April 1, 2020 - Update on PPE
- March 29, 2020 - PPE Update
- March 27, 2020 - Face Mask/Gown Update #5
- March 26, 2020 - Alma Sue Update #4
- March 23, 2020 - Alma Sue Update #3
- March 19, 2020 - Alma Sue Update
- March 17, 2020 - Yes we are open
- February 5, 2020 - Quilt Show and SALE begins today
- January 30, 2020 - Short Bolt Sale Ongoing NOW!
- January 1, 2020 - New Year Batik Sale
- December 17, 2019 - Holiday Hours
- December 5, 2019 - Wooden Nickel special all week!
- November 28, 2019 - Closed Black Friday
- June 6, 2018 - Classes and Needles
- May 16, 2018 - Correction for Needle Turn Applique Class
- March 17, 2013 - I remember when a pin was just a pin
- May 17, 2011 - Threads, page 2.
- May 9, 2011 - Thread Essentials
- October 26, 2010 - Needles and News
Long Arm Quilting Service
Batting, Thread, Basting, and Needles are FREE and included in the long arm prices
Prepare Quilt Top and Lining
Seam lining as needed, press seam OPEN)
Lining must be 4-6 inches larger than top on all sides
Can extend lining by sewing muslin strips on all sides (can remove strips after quilting is finished)
DO NOT BASTE layers. Each layer is loaded onto frame separately.
Batting: Batting is included in the long arm price (Hobbs Heirloom Blend or Hobbs Tuscany.) A modest up charge for some batting (wool, silk) We use only batting MADE in the USA.
Quilting: Choose simple stitching, straight lines, edge-to-edge, ruler work, or custom designs (Price range 2.5 to 5.0 cents/square inch)
Binding: 1.75/lineal foot first step (make and sew binding to quilt)
2.50/lineal foot both steps (hand stitch binding to back of quilt)
Questions about quilt age or pattern or general information about your quilt, how to mark it, suggestions for batting, construction, quilting, or repair.
Please respect our time and call 941-330-0993 for an appointment.
We are not certified quilt appraisers
and cannot state a value for your quilt.
To find a quilt appraiser: GOOGLE "Quilt Appraiser Sarasota"
LIKE our Facebook page. We post photos of current projects, quilts in the frame, and class projects on our FB page = Alma Sue's Quilt Shop
Finished queen/king size quilt $1795.