Above are two pieces recently finished in the Hand Quilting frame.
A Boston Red Sox Tee Shirt Quilt at the top.
Directly above is a memory piece custom made for a Penn State Alumnus.
To see your memory pieces constructed into a quilt, call 941-330-0993.
Harvest Quilt Kit pictured below. Kit price is $125. Makes a quilt 77 x 78. Finished full size quilt is $795, finished queen size is $1025. Call the shop at 941-330-0993.
Check out our Christmas Room! We kept one decorated tree and swags and are moving all the Christmas projects and fabric into this area. Still have a few red-lined items that are 50% off. As the new products roll in for Cmas 2013, they are being moved to this area.
Check out our assortment of blenders. Because we make many Custom Quilts, we use a lot of blenders! Stonehenge by Northcott, Dimples by Andover, 1895 Hoffman Batiks, Robert Kaufman Fusions, Basic Backgrounds Tone on Tone in White, Neutral, Off White, Muslins. Love those Metallic Blenders!
A photo of the Breast Cancer quilt made with Windham's new collection "Ribbons of Hope." The pattern is from the collection "Fight Like a Girl." Free pattern is available at the Windham fabrics website. We still have some kits available for $68. Call us at 941-330-0993
Alma Sue's Quilts celebrates the craft and artistry of quilting!
We make custom quilts by hand. All work is done right in our Sarasota store, amid displays of finished quilts, Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler fabrics, and all the materials a quilter might need. Visit us and watch accomplished quilters at work. Take lessons. Bring in fabric mementos and let us create a keepsake memory quilt or T-shirt quilt.
Battling Breast Cancer
"FIGHT LIKE A GIRL"
Aunt..grandmother...sister...niece...mother-in-law...kindred spirit...sister-in-law...wife...mother...teacher...nurse...counseler.....what do these folks have in common? Breast cancer. Link your passion for quilting to the battle against breast cancer! Our "Fight Like a Girl" and "Ribbons of Hope" collections celebrate the strength, perseverence, and compassion of people who face the disease, as well as those who are helping in the fight. Proceeds from these fabric lines support the MAURER FOUNDATION (www.maurerfoundation.com)
The new fabric line for 2012 is in and kits are available.
Purchase a kit, sew the top, and Alma Sue will finish the quilt and donate it in memory of whoever you name. The cozy flannel lining feels good to use during chemo treatments.
Kit is $68 (includes lining and binding) and makes a quilt approx. 37 x 45 inches. If you want a larger size, add one or more borders. Ask us to draft instructions and fabric to add borders, making a quilt approximately 50 x 60 inches. Price of larger kit is $120.
Call 941-330-0993 to order the kit.
- May 12, 2013 - Hot Pick
- May 10, 2013 - Summer Classes Lineup
- April 4, 2013 - Last Market Day on Saturday
- March 17, 2013 - I remember when a pin was just a pin
- March 12, 2013 - Solids $5/yd - buy 10 FQ get 2 FREE
- March 11, 2013 - Hot Pick - Solids for $5
- February 12, 2013 - Class Thursday, February 21
- February 7, 2013 - Annual Scrap Sale Saturday Feb. 9
- December 15, 2012 - Christmas Fabric Clearance
- November 25, 2012 - Hot Pick at Alma Sue's
- November 7, 2012 - Christmas in Pinecraft this Weekend
- October 29, 2012 - Alma Sue's Lab Tonight 6 pm
- October 11, 2012 - Kaffe Fassett and Free Spirit Sale
- September 30, 2012 - Remodel Monday Oct. 1
- September 6, 2012 - Saturday is Market Day
- August 20, 2012 - One Time Only Special Value - Batiks $8/yd
- July 22, 2012 - Christmas In July, Wed. July 25
- June 26, 2012 - Hot Pick at Alma Sue's Quilts and Sewing Borders
- April 22, 2012 - News at Alma Sue's
- January 18, 2012 - January Classes
- November 10, 2011 - Classes
- October 12, 2011 - New Events Page
- May 17, 2011 - Threads, page 2.
- May 9, 2011 - Thread Essentials
- October 26, 2010 - Needles and News