Above are two pieces recently finished in the Hand Quilting frame.
A Boston Red Sox Tee Shirt Quilt at the top.
Directly above is a memory piece custom made for a Penn State Alumnus.
To see your memory pieces constructed into a quilt, call 941-330-0993.
Tuesday Casual Workshop Day
TIME: 1-4 pm FEE: $8
Tuesday April 8: Private Classes Scheduled
Tuesday April 15: Medallion Star with Dawn $8
Tuesday April 22: Medallion Star, Part 2 $8
Tuesday April 27: Pattern Free Quilt Making with Ella $8
Limited to 4. Call 941-330-0993 for a seat.
SEE EVENTS page for more information
Saturday, April 5, 2014 at Alma Sue's
Limited to 40 individuals
Lecture at 11:00 am ($25)
Lecture and demonstration at 2:00 pm ($35)
Both morning and afternoon sessions ($50)
The retail shop will be CLOSED to the public on April 5.
Come and be wildly entertained by Joe The Quilter (joethequilter.com). No electronic media required, Joe will bring a whole bunch of his latest quilts to tell stories about. How and why have men landed in the world of quilts? How did Joe get started making quilts? How to do pattern free quilt making? Come and enjoy his stories and listen to some quiltmaking songs!
Check out our assortment of blenders. Because we make many Custom Quilts, we use a lot of blenders! Stonehenge by Northcott, Dimples by Andover, 1895 Hoffman Batiks, Robert Kaufman Fusions, Basic Backgrounds Tone on Tone in White, Neutral, Off White, Muslins. Love those Metallic Blenders!
Alma Sue's Quilts celebrates the craft and artistry of quilting!
We make custom quilts by hand. All work is done right in our Sarasota store, amid displays of finished quilts, Kaffe Fassett and Amy Butler fabrics, and all the materials a quilter might need. Visit us and watch accomplished quilters at work. Take lessons. Bring in fabric mementos and let us create a keepsake memory quilt or T-shirt quilt.
More Pillowcase Marathon!
There is a continuing need for pillowcases - did you know that each month All Children's Hospital has 400 new children admitted? And each child gets a pillowcase to brighten his hospital stay, and to take home with him. The chilren get to pick the one they want.
Pillowcase sewing day 3rd Thursday each month
March 20, April 17
All ages welcome. No sewing experience needed.
Even if you don't sew, come and help cut, iron, fold, pick out fabric, etc.
Bring a serger (or machine) or use ours in the Sewing Studio.
Donations always welcome.
Call Alma Sue at 941-330-0993 or just drop off the fabric.
Donations of quart size zip closing bags, color dye trapping sheets, jugs of vinegar are welcomed.
Each pillowcase gets laundered with vinegar, ironed, and placed into the bags for storage and distribution.
- April 6, 2014 - April classes and events
- April 4, 2014 - Retail is Closed Tomorrow!
- March 25, 2014 - R is for Ruffled Pillow
- March 22, 2014 - SCRAP SALE Today
- March 18, 2014 - Annual Scrap Sale Saturday
- March 10, 2014 - Meet Joe The Quilter!
- March 3, 2014 - Chevron Class Tuesday
- February 25, 2014 - Spring Fling March 7 and 8
- February 24, 2014 - Employment Opportunities
- February 17, 2014 - W is for WIDEBACK
- January 28, 2014 - A is for APRON
- January 15, 2014 - Pillowcase Sewing Day is Tomorrow
- January 6, 2014 - B is for Book
- December 15, 2013 - Clearance Sale
- December 14, 2013 - Last Market Day Before Cmas
- November 28, 2013 - Black Friday, Saturday Cmas in Pinecraft
- November 21, 2013 - Today is pillocase day
- October 16, 2013 - Thursday is Pillowcase Day
- August 25, 2013 - Weekly Activities
- March 17, 2013 - I remember when a pin was just a pin
- May 17, 2011 - Threads, page 2.
- May 9, 2011 - Thread Essentials
- October 26, 2010 - Needles and News